I haven’t even watched the episode yet, but I’m listening to Breakaway and crying because it might be the most beautiful cover Glee has ever done.
TEEN WOLF FANDOM:
Take a page from Glee and at least wait until the fucking episode airs before you flip out. K? K.
I have no idea wher this is from but I am getting very strong Jake Puckerman at Dalton vibes from this gif set.
Omg, who do i have to bribe for that fic?
I recall Jake saying that before the recession, his mom was a real estate agent, not a waitress. There could be an AU where she remained successful and Jake went to private school.
(And that gives me all kinds of thoughts about Puck and Jake meeting, and Jake being the lucky privileged one while Puck is still the broke juvie kid who stole an ATM.)
… now totally wondering if his mom losing her job and his resentment (we can hear it when he says it) at that and the new job and how much worse it treats her made him want to start being a ~bad boy.~
not that he’s much of one anyway, ofc scooter in the hall lol. but with starting fights with the jocks/bullies from the beginning of the season too, because i was rewatching. and hm! that’s an interesting complement to puck too, who *was* one of the jocks/bullies group. in both cases until glee club gave them somewhere else to ~express themselves~….
My Puckerbros headcanons, let me give you them:
- Jake more internal than Puck. Puck was an open book who spoke his mind and broadcast his feelings to the world. Jake, on the other hand, is very closed off. Where Puck would laugh and insult you, Jake is content to just quietly judge you with a disdainful look on his face.
- Jake is more selfish than Puck. Whatever his faults, Puck was always willing to take one for the team and do whatever needed to be done to move everybody forward. Jake, on the other hand, is a classic loner. He looks out for himself first and foremost.
- Jake is more conceited than Puck. Puck liked to project confidence, but secretly always felt he was worthless. His braggadocio was an act. Jake, on the other hand, genuinely sees himself as incredibly talented and has no patience for people who won’t or can’t recognize that (SEE: his reaction to being cut-off in his debut).
- HOWEVER: Jake has a lot of discipline that Puck lacks. Say what you will about his prickly personality, but Jake works hard to develop and hone his talents. He gets upset at not being recognized because he puts so much time and effort into what he does. He is a perfectionist.
- I also feel like Jake is a little smarter than Puck. He is almost certainly more educated; he’s never mentioned any problems with his grades.
- Despite their differences, there are several things they share: a fierce temper, a love of the ladies, and the compulsive need to stand up to assholes. Also they are both skilled in the art of just not giving a fuck.
Given all that, I have no trouble seeing Jake in private school pre-Glee. He already strikes me as someone who was raised with more economic privilege than Puck.
These are just my opinions/observations. Feel free to disagree/discuss. :P
(I love Jake.)
If Glee gets rid of the newbies without at least giving them a goodbye song, I will write only newbie-fic for the rest of my time in this fandom out of protest. Don’t you dare think I won’t. From June-November of 2010, I wrote over 170,000 words of Supernatural fanfiction about Adam, a character who was in a grand total of three episodes. Don’t push me.
I’d like to say I’m surprised but I’m really not. I’m just sad and tired. Glee has repeatedly gotten me invested in their characters and their relationships and then squandered that investment. It’s happened over and over and over and I’m sick of it. I liked the newbies. They were bright and lively and fun. I’ll miss them, and honestly most of my investment in the show is going out right along with them. One day, I will legitimately run out of fucks. One day, Glee will ask for my investment and I will have nothing left to give. On that day, I will finally be free.
Like I said, there are plenty of things to criticize about last night’s episode. I didn’t like the roofie jokes. I didn’t like the whole ‘tie him up and rob them’ thing. But there is nothing wrong with a very single Kurt (who did not meet Adam until after Christmas) getting a bit tipsy and having a little fun with a willing guy. He was not forced to drink. He was not falling-down drunk. He wasn’t drugged. He was clearly a willing and enthusiastic participant the whole way, up until Sexy Claus revealed his true colors. I thought it was refreshing to see Kurt wanting something and unashamedly going after it and even if it took a dark turn, none of it actually happened in canon, so it’s very easy to just ignore the parts I don’t like.
As for the whole ‘THEY JUST HUGGED’ thing… what exactly is it that you want from this show?
Please, tell me. In fact, I have a form for you to fill out..
KURT/BLAINE MANDATORY MINIMUM PHYSICAL INTERACTION QUOTA
This form is to indicate the minimum number of required physical interactions between the characters ‘Kurt Hummel’ and ‘Blaine Anderson’ every time they occupy the same physical space. Please indicate…
- Number of kisses.
- Location of kisses (lips, cheek, forehead, neck, other [please specify]).
- Length of kisses (in seconds).
- Tongue required? Yes/No
- Number of hugs.
- Length of hugs (in seconds).
- Strength of hugs (in pounds).
- Whose arms are on top? Kurt/Blaine
- Ideal chin location: Tucked under shoulder/hooked over shoulder.
- Time spent holding hands (in seconds).
- Fingers intertwined? Yes/no.
- Number of incidents of sexual intercourse.
- Type of sex desired (frotting, handjobs, blowjobs, full anal, other [please specify].)
- Brand of condoms (Please specify: ______)
- Brand of lube (Please specify: _______)
I will forward this form to the FOX Executives to give them a clearer understanding of exactly what is required in order to keep fandom satisfied. Sound good?
I have come to the conclusion that a large portion of the Glee fandom is literally allergic to fun and will actually die if they engage in any form of mirth or silliness. Their constant clinging to outrage is a survival mechanism. It must be. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me.